rare-users - Re: [RARE-users] WG-Service Discovery

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

Re: [RARE-users] WG-Service Discovery

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: "Moises R. N. Ribeiro" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [RARE-users] WG-Service Discovery
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 17:28:11 +0100

hi,
well, so freerouter's sdwan server collects the clients and distributes the
list to each of them...
one can configure to use the natted address... then the clients will pick up
a port and start sending
packets to the above list... this implements nat hole punching... then, each
individual client can
be configured to be a hub, and to try listening first instead of sending
first... this both used
together to accept asymmetric natted clients... my sdwan deployment have a
client who is on a lte
stick so he's behind double nat.. first by the mobile stick, second is the
carrier grade nat,
which is a rough asymmetic nat... and nevertheless to say that it can connect
flawlessly to
the hub configured to do the listen first... but it fails to connect to other
clients because
nat hole punching is not enough alone, one needs to first listen from the
remote for it to work...
moreover, if both sides are behind nat, then both have to be symmetric nat
for a successful
connection... so all in all, freerouter have better tools than this wgsd
alone... :)
br,
cs