rare-users - Re: [RARE-users] Slide 11

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

Re: [RARE-users] Slide 11

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: "Moises R. N. Ribeiro" <>, Frédéric LOUI <>, "" <>, Cristina Klippel Dominicini <>, Everson Borges <>
  • Subject: Re: [RARE-users] Slide 11
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 18:12:06 +0200

hi,

On 4/20/22 16:59, Moises R. N. Ribeiro wrote:
looking into the future (not for this proposal) we can use (and actually reuse for the sake of scalability) multiple polynomials IDs at a node for also identifying a partition (slice) and QoS policy in PolKA. Is that correct/feasible Csaba?
that is already the case, that's why you configure polka enable under every
interface...

And in that case, how the queueing policy would be implemented: user-level or data plane? I am not aware how P4 would handle that (translation to data plane and queuing policy itself?
for queueing to happen, you need ram near the asic, and that's not the case
with the current tofinos...

Another point is that the integration with MPLS is a hot topic here
https://www.segment-routing.net/srv6-conferences
<https://www.segment-routing.net/srv6-conferences>
In your opinion, shall we look at that with PolKA too, or we rather try to
push PolKA toward Ethernet-based modern solutions (like TSN) for its framing
solution?
polka carries ethertype and the payload, which means it can carry mpls
packets...
i already test againts that here:
l2 mpls vpn: http://sources.freertr.net/cfg/mpls-polka11.tst
l3 mpls vpn: http://sources.freertr.net/cfg/mpls-polka12.tst

br,
cs

  • Re: [RARE-users] Slide 11, mc36, 04/20/2022