rare-users - Re: [RARE-users] Problem on ports after reboot

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

Re: [RARE-users] Problem on ports after reboot

  • From: Frédéric LOUI <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Pedro Diniz <>, Alexander Gall <>, Jordi Ortiz <>
  • Subject: Re: [RARE-users] Problem on ports after reboot
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 19:15:42 +0100
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 zmtaauth01.partage.renater.fr 6CD8A1403D6

Did you try to remove configuration from P4lang stanza and sdn interface and
tried to add it again ?
Instead of plug/unplug ?

It sounds like this is a physical BSP problem.

Unfortunately we did not experience such problem on our case …
Can you drop QSFP info ? Also this can be related to Mellanox OFED driver.

We configured some 100GE port with CERN with Mellanox XConnect5 ofed driver
and it worked flawlessly.

Is it the only port at 100GE ? Do you have additional servers ?

In CHICAGO we have LEONI DAC cable with 100GE port and I set AUTONEG to ON.
(Otherwise the link does not come up)
Can you please try the following line ?

export-port sdn20 28 100 0 2 0

The problem is that we are also using LEONI DAC but as they are using a
specific P4 switch the BSP is not working correctly.
(No info at all from bf_platform)

Maybe @Alex or @Jordi can share their experience as they have 100GE ports
connected to Mellanox XCOnnect5 ?
Unfortunately in my case I usually dealt with 10GE ports.

All in all, please to to enable autoneg and please let me know if this change
something ...

All the best,
Frederic