rare-users - [RARE-users] Fwd: [freertr] openssl3 is approaching...

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

[RARE-users] Fwd: [freertr] openssl3 is approaching...

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [RARE-users] Fwd: [freertr] openssl3 is approaching...
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 15:37:23 +0200

hi,
some days ago openssl 3.0.0 was released:
https://mta.openssl.org/pipermail/openssl-announce/2021-September/000208.html
it hit the debian experimental repo some days agos:
http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/openssl/
when it reaches debian sid distribution, my builder machine will get the new
stuff automatically...
from that point, my prebuilt p4emu binaries will link against libcrypto.so.3
instead of libcrypto.so.1.1...
keep your routers up to date (best practice is to have unattended-upgrades
installed) otherwise
when my builder switches to the new libcrypto, and your autoupgrades will
fetch it, your routers
will become unuseable...
regards,
cs