rare-users - Re: [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] rare news

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

Re: [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] rare news

  • From: "" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] rare news
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 09:11:24 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 zmtaauth01.partage.renater.fr 11C6E14019A

Hello

Yes this a great result to have a complete chain that allows to validate the performance (limit) in terms of NOS performance (nb of routes/LSP ) and forwarding performance. Having this is a great step to establish the confidence between RARE development team and R&E community.

Looking at this limitation. I am sure that you will be able to optimize the use of chipset resource (memory).
but I wonder if the TOFINO1 chipset that RARE team currently used, was not designed to handle the full GRT so it appears inevitable to reach a limited nb of routes at one point? Therefore the questions would be, which use cases can be handled by FreeRtR/RARE/TOFINO1?
Would it be interesting to test also TOFINO 2 chipset?

My 2 cents
Xavier Jeannin