rare-users - Re: [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] new features in rare + fany outputs from now! :)

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

Re: [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] new features in rare + fany outputs from now! :)

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: Frédéric LOUI <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] new features in rare + fany outputs from now! :)
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 12:59:05 +0200

hi,

On 8/30/20 12:28 PM, Frédéric LOUI wrote:

finally nat did not fitted to the npu with the mpls enabled

That is unfortunate …
to be honest i really not care since most sp boxes from cisco also have no nat
because usually it's a hardware _assisted_ feature, the initial packets are
processed in the cpu to create the mapping based on higher level policies and
apply the tcp-mss for the flow and this could cause problems under ddos from
inside...

but it's insane so it'll change soon...:)

How come ? Maybe we will have to rework the code base even further …
Do you hae something in mind ?
not too much, imho we simply have too much features to fit... :)

at time of writing, 2 controls are missing from bfswd compare to bmv2:
pppoe and tunneling... so i'll proceed with these...

Hope this can fit inside MPLS profile… It was the case in P4_14 switch.p4
but not (yet) in P4_16 switch.p4.
anyway, if i removed bridging but kept mpls then it fitted, and that's a
suitable use case...

also the same will apply that having bridging, mpls (which then implies vpls
and evpn) and pppoe/tunneling at the same time...

first i try to have all the features in tofino with as less combination as
possible (for the tester to be more consistent
on it's random decision:)) but we should start thinking about sdm profiles
with meaningful features enabled, and fits....

I’ll look at the compiler optimisation guide and try if I get get you an
access ...

Janios should have the organization password to open this document as KIFU is
aready a member …

He should be aware of that as he is also on the mailing list.

ne's a bit unresponsible in this topic....:(

regards,
cs

À bientôt,
-- Frederic