rare-dev - [rare-dev] GEANT RARE/freeRtr at MPLS SD & AI Net World Congress 2023 (Paris)

Subject: Rare project developers

[rare-dev] GEANT RARE/freeRtr at MPLS SD & AI Net World Congress 2023 (Paris)

  • From: Simon Leinen <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: Susanne Naegele-Jackson <>, Ivana Golub <>, Karl Meyer <>
  • Subject: [rare-dev] GEANT RARE/freeRtr at MPLS SD & AI Net World Congress 2023 (Paris)
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 15:35:06 +0200

At the EANTC Interop event in Berlin, we successfully demonstrated
BGP-CT interoperability between RARE/freeRtr and Juniper's JunOS.

This event is connected with a venerable yearly industry event in Paris,
colloquially known as "MPLS World Congress" or "the Upperside
conference". EANTC has a large booth there and exposes the setup from
the Berlin event. While RARE/freeRtr wasn't part of any demos at the
Paris event, our STORDIS router was there, prominently on the top right.
Apparently it attracted some curious onlookers :-)

Thanks also to Karl from GÉANT, who on short notice provided a "light"
version of our logo for the posters/roll-ups, where we figure as
"Academic Partner" (on whose shoulders many commercial companies stand,
as it goes ;-).

I'm re-sharing some of the photos that the EANTC folks shared with their
interop participants. Enjoy!
--
Simon.

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image

  • [rare-dev] GEANT RARE/freeRtr at MPLS SD & AI Net World Congress 2023 (Paris), Simon Leinen, 04/28/2023