rare-dev - [rare-dev] Exposing docker port on a vm with freeRouter

Subject: Rare project developers

[rare-dev] Exposing docker port on a vm with freeRouter

  • From: Gabriel Tetzner <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [rare-dev] Exposing docker port on a vm with freeRouter
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 17:39:16 -0300

Hi all,

I'm doing an experiment with prometheus server running on a debian vm with freeRouter installed, I know that freeRouter takes care of the network interface and that this prometheus server is running on top of a docker container, it's in the cloud and with the proper port released on the firewall, in this case 9090.
But I can't access the prometheus server externally, I tried to make the server forwarder work to redirect this port, but I lose access to ssh from the vm.
I think it is that way, since the public ip is associated with the freeRouter now, or is there another way to redirect the debian OS port (9090) to the freeRouter so that it is accessible externally? Or how to do this?