rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] initialization of mgmt0 and bf_pci0

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] initialization of mgmt0 and bf_pci0

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: Alexander Gall <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] initialization of mgmt0 and bf_pci0
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 12:13:31 +0100

hi,

On 3/25/22 11:53, Alexander Gall wrote:
Hi

This affects all interfaces on which we use the pcapInt.bin thing via
rtr-hw.txt, right? In that case, I will implement the offload settings
as a wrapper around that command.
exactly! thanks!

The MTU and promiscuous mode for bf_pci0 are already set here:
https://bitbucket.software.geant.org/projects/RARE/repos/rare-nix/browse/scripts/if-wrapper.sh

However, I think it would be wrong to set the MTU on mgmt0 to anything
larger than the actual MTU on that IP subnet. For example, it would
create an MTU blackhole for UDP traffic originated by the OS with
PMTUD enabled.

okkk then, let mgmt0's mtu as is then...

regards,
cs