rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] Capability detection added

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] Capability detection added

  • From: Frédéric LOUI <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] Capability detection added
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 11:18:09 +0100
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 zmtaauth02.partage.renater.fr CBB6DA0583

Hi,

It should be reported now :)
https://bitbucket.software.geant.org/projects/RARE/repos/rare/commits/a833430f5870c2e24ffb61e0fbcce8519c4801b6

TL;DR:
bf_switchd actually does not use same prefix in order to reference. Object in
BfRtIno.
Table starts with pipe name, action does not include pipe name …
Previous version assumed the P4 object are reference the same way in BfRtInfo.

e.g:
table MPLS: ig_ctl_mpls.tbl_mpls_fib
one of BIER action: ig_ctl.ig_ctl_mpls.act_mpls_bier_label

My bad then :)
I presume this is a good timing to test this code with all the profile :)

But, there is an additional catch, I’m thinking while I’m writing this email.
Advertising dataplane capability is one first step.

But I presume that bf_forwarder needs to refuse to program an entry if
MAX_ENTRY is reported from bf_switchd
(I don’t know if BrRuntime is reporting this error)
And this error should be reported to freeRtr.

IIRC, in case for VRF for example, IOS was just ditching the last routes and
was indicating %VRF FULL% when the VRF reached MAX_ROUTES.

I guess this behaviour has to be implemented also.

Anyone fancy to get its hand dirty on it ?
It is a good item in order to get into bf_forwarder and TNA development
without getting too deep into the code.
I can of course offer help ! :)

If not, I’ll add it in todo list ...

All the best,