rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] RARE/freeRtr AMT relay available

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] RARE/freeRtr AMT relay available

  • From: Xavier Jeannin <>
  • To: Frédéric LOUI <>, ,
  • Cc: Akil Radhakrishnan <>, , Niall Donaghy <>, Rick Havern <>, Toby Rodwell <>
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] RARE/freeRtr AMT relay available
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 12:25:02 +0100
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 zmtaauth02.partage.renater.fr 38924A0929

Congratulations Csaba and Frédéric.

Thank you to Akil and his team for their work that made this happens.

Regards
Xavier

Le 10/11/2021 à 11:53, Frédéric LOUI a écrit :
Hi !

It is with excitement that I’m announcing the availability of an AMT relay on
the GEANT P4 LAB.

I hope this will pave the way to further development and progress. (Obviously
the result still present some rooms for improvement)

How to use it ?

If you are on MAC for example:

grab latest nightly/dev VLC 4.0 for MAC.

Then put on your ~/.bashrc
alias vlc='/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC’
source ~/.bashrc

Then launch on your favourite terminal.
vlc amt://:1234/ --amt-relay 62.40.109.31

Enjoy Hungarian Hard Rock/Metal « sound » :)

The particularity is that this multicast source is provided by a BIER enable
backbone running on P4 switch powered by RARE/freertr.

And all if this is an overlay on top of GÉANT MPLS CORE.

The AMT relay a RARE/freeRtr router in Paris. The source is in Budapest.

Of course audio sound is not perfect but I’m pretty sure further AMT client
will progress.

Also the stream is available in IPv6. Anyone up to implement a IPv6 AMT
client ?

Special thanks to Akil and GÉANT ops team for his reactive answer without
whom we could not have this AMT relay in place today.

And also kudos to mc36 for the AMT relay code.

Let’s now observe how it compare with Juniper AMT relay :)

So please stay tuned and take care !

All the best,
Frederic

--