Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the geteduroam service
- From: Stefan Paetow <Stefan.Paetow AT jisc.ac.uk>
- To: "geteduroam AT lists.geant.org" <geteduroam AT lists.geant.org>, "cat-devel AT lists.geant.org" <cat-devel AT lists.geant.org>
- Subject: A bug in CAT + geteduroam
- Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 00:11:59 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=jisc.ac.uk; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=jisc.ac.uk; dkim=pass header.d=jisc.ac.uk; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=J09RUkZJorij2ElSvHOT4fSw28WfOfbR6IdoBfnwkmg=; b=Z0yD9oA+AOKs2EJgiqbetd9yUlhrOZBfJw2fAdnZcXxXuEKo34Qjsmqz+yMAZc2PFp+dpZROaMtOgv71HfB+6l/vJGp7MXNsj4FMHSn9yhSZOZv0tu7WxkbMbG4+MeX8a4tAfQga1g+XZXTpI39y/xYPU5kZizA1N2+u4Cso6nECZiIYSdaGrcdvdwrMXZcHv8LXdGj2ZAVZxbkTigPL9dDMlCBrWsrwN0OuMMknlH2WOoDJp5QEKcKXApMr5xrO3e8uOZXF8nxkEpllwxOHCA8MujFMxIVnTPe1JSMSmjJSjCO71wz4UWp4/8nc0U6+0UQl1j1OeAfIhBDbzhtlBA==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=ANWd3t0/lzq9twyo2KXcWlYru6UcigKEVvydRC0OQO+0ptpviOYlTiwzkSSzOdSI2L9fBnzQ5A+l0BNlvJ3SocjGIIUC2mQodgfSXeZ+fAOHwQb4thBtGz79fEIezTTL+hSj3OC31zXlF/XOJjmxUFIm7KvHWi7jvXd2cPLgFRjlnSIPohNt75I0r4MDQmD0bWRvlLyc5gG6UuSQsBU9U2GLvn1hiBAR5ICIEQj6/LFLL2/mB80TTA0Bn+qtmQ92MkmbkVXz5l/jR16TXSj5r0ZHtGtHMMMtw2IhQ3oJU6xN8cyTKbB3eh85effgPaXuDJBUNBkhKghM7ho1ktQBcQ==
- Authentication-results: dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;dmarc=none action=none header.from=jisc.ac.uk;
We had an interesting case in the UK today, where apparently having the 'default' name for the organisation was blank, but the English (GB) one was not. This led to the organisation not being listed in geteduroam. I have reproduced it with the following organisation:
Although I can see that the CAT service drops organisation/profile attributes that are blank, it does however not check whether the attributes are completely white space (i.e. a single or multiple space or tab characters). I consider that a bug. I would suggest that it also clears that.
geteduroam's discovery service that pulls the information into https://discovery.eduroam.app/v1/discovery.json will, I assume, filter based on the 'default' name, and in doing so, notes that the name is effectively blank and will drop the organisation from its list. I would recommend that if the 'default' name is blank, to check if another language (like 'English(GB)' or whichever the next language is) exists, and use that instead.
But, ideally, the data as pulled from the CAT service should not contain 'blank' (i.e. white spaced) entries whatsoever. I have not tested what happens when a profile name is 'blanked' in a similar fashion, although I would not be surprised if CAT and geteduroam treated the profile the same way the organisation is treated, and subsequently, if the only profile has a blank name, drops the organisation because the profile 'doesn't exist'?
Can someone investigate? :-)
Federated Roaming Technical Specialist
email/teams: stefan.paetow AT jisc.ac.uk
On Mondays and Wednesdays, I am not available between 12:00 and 15:00. For eduroam support, please contact us via help AT jisc.ac.uk and mark it for the eduroam team’s attention.
Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No. GB 197 0632 86. Jisc’s registered office is: 4 Portwall Lane, Bristol, BS1 6NB Tel: 020 3697 5800.
- A bug in CAT + geteduroam, Stefan Paetow, 05/04/2023
- Message not available
- Re: [[cat-devel]] A bug in CAT + geteduroam, Stefan Paetow, 05/05/2023
- Message not available
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.24.