geteduroam - Funding or participating in the geteduroam project

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the geteduroam service

Funding or participating in the geteduroam project

  • From: Wenche Backman-Kamila <wenche.backman-kamila AT csc.fi>
  • To: geteduroam <geteduroam AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Funding or participating in the geteduroam project
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 09:06:32 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

The current status of the geteduroam project is that we have Apps for Android, iOS and Windows, but not yet for MacOS (and not for Linux). We also have a portal on github that can be used as backend.

In order to speed up the App development and to implement more features to the portal faster, this is a kind reminder to the list that it is possible to fund the project through TCC (https://commonsconservancy.org/). Budgeting for next year is usually relevant at this time of the year.

Apart from funding, you are also welcome to participate in the development efforts. Please drop a line so that we can coordinate the tasks.

The geteduroam project is a vital part for ensuring easy eduroam onboarding and to secure that eduroam remains a successful service.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Regards,

Wenche Backman-Kamila
Chair of the geteduroam board

  • Funding or participating in the geteduroam project, Wenche Backman-Kamila, 11/02/2022