geteduroam - Re: Question regarding setting up Letswifi CA and EAP-TLS setting at FR3

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the geteduroam service

Re: Question regarding setting up Letswifi CA and EAP-TLS setting at FR3

  • From: Muhammad Farhan SJAUGI <farhan AT sifulan.my>
  • To: geteduroam AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: Question regarding setting up Letswifi CA and EAP-TLS setting at FR3
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 06:55:36 +0800

Hi,

Just an update for everyone's benefit who comes across this email in the future. So, I managed to solve the first "problem".

After deeply looked at the source code, so basically there are two ways the admin can pass the realm name:

1. Http hostname/domain name: The code will look at the http hostname/domain name and do a cross check with the realm_vhost table to find out the realm. However, despite there's a function/method/API to add this mapping, it seems not implemented yet as a command like the command to add a new realm. Hence, I had to add it manually in the database.

Each has pros and cons, depending on the setup that you are looking for; like the 1st option looks more "seamless" as you don't have to provide the realm. However, in a multitenant setup, you need to set up multiple web server virtual hosting for each realm. The 2nd option is simpler for the administrator, but they have to remind the user to mention the realm name in the url. (CMIIW).

Hope this helps.

Regards

--
Ts. Muhammad Farhan SJAUGI, S.Kom. M.Sc.
SIFULAN Malaysian Access Federation