Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the geteduroam service
- From: Paul Dekkers <paul.dekkers AT surf.nl>
- To: geteduroam <geteduroam AT lists.geant.org>
- Subject: geteduroam Android beta version
- Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 16:20:53 +0200
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=surf.nl; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=surf.nl; dkim=pass header.d=surf.nl; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=omrm5klnnesnekTILKWwVX57ffs7MRNsUgz3tiziKJ8=; b=i6q8NScpHCdMDeSAwEjOcho+PAUcvMKJVilM9mPPhZmY68Sc7bAiYPUr4X+X/mFEAWUTqDnbabwo/nY8AYHytzZj9zyb/CndezDuzfZ/XHP9wqYhHnNioUfUBf12McIggYS2uhHMSGCris3XxoibaW7w5q22OjpCyxJ4Vqf5JrFdVpvugoP1MBy7G7TuJRZJX+EbZyt+sayUZXbliVmO+Dn0F1CaQ5f1FYh8NAbmwhLJ82yzickAkBpJFFwNv0Ss7nxqHLt7+MruMP3Gt0KDI+FKTwb5GkG5+GHw6FK4lcGyWxkorRlMG03xC1T9E+3P8U2JZtaAdOU73Wmj7GJY+Q==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=XDXvSKJXduEmXUOb4nW3sbxO71zULQlmOnLnlU7O7Xzpg3waNig58He8f37uxxzUK4a5QAbduQhMyqTFEAyeWwzsCSJQN0uyGAAOP6zJgQ7MqZBAPe+GGvG96y10vlw2ENa6IgOwwzGDwfcO63qAhh0EYiP7WBR4MPQ/Sl2oMgDoXQUDbETgfGRLFBps6MMx6FUayc24iPC4lXXYRYcFjJgMNHYkuWjLZg4lSbd8yf0A73Yccc7cy9nRycKyOxtvRw+jxNn4bIECnHDzezgHWtF3w3WvEoBFRL3TkQ9JK5q3P2LAcNaUwL97dMTKDtyCbI3FZtg2oV5pplArA1TwFw==
- Authentication-results: lists.geant.org; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;lists.geant.org; dmarc=none action=none header.from=surf.nl;
Hi geteduroam list,
(If you're also on cat-users, I'll post a similar e-mail there since we suggest geteduroam as installer via CAT on Android 11.)
We have a new build of geteduroam for Android available for beta testing, and welcome feedback (positive and negative) before releasing it as production. Only Android 11 will receive this update to version 1.0.20, older versions will stick to 1.0.16.
You can join the beta channels via:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.eduroam.geteduroam from Android, or
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/app.eduroam.geteduroam from the web
If prefer an APK, this APK works only (!) for Android 11: https://get.eduroam.org/app/geteduroam-1.0.20-android11.apk
The new version will configure the network in a different way compared to the previous 1.0.16 version, via “Suggestions”, which is the API for Android 11.
This has some drawbacks; not our choice, but mandatory for App updates that target Android 11. Your network may appear unconfigured at first (and you can even still configure it manually), but it will connect as soon as there are no other user-networks to connect to. It will not manage your (existing) user created network; if you have an existing eduroam configuration your device will use that until you remove it. If you remove the App, you remove the App-managed networks.
Improved in this App:
- You will receive a notification about pseudo-account expiration 5 days ahead of time
- Mime type correction, app will not be suggested for other downloads
- French translation
- Various bugfixes (also related to the earlier Suggestions support)
While we’re at it, we could also use testers for the Windows geteduroam App, that works for regular CAT profiles too. This is at https://get.eduroam.org/app/geteduroam.exe
- geteduroam Android beta version, Paul Dekkers, 06/02/2021
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.