geteduroam - Re: Cert setting not configured by geteduroam on Lineage Phone

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the geteduroam service

Re: Cert setting not configured by geteduroam on Lineage Phone

  • From: Martin Pauly <pauly AT hrz.uni-marburg.de>
  • To: geteduroam AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: Cert setting not configured by geteduroam on Lineage Phone
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 23:10:15 +0200

Hi Paul.

On 16.04.21 18:57, Paul Dekkers (via geteduroam Mailing List) wrote:
Perhaps I don’t understand; but this is what we do, right? Also in
1.0.16 we pin the certificates to what is provided in CAT? So it ís
secure?

Yes, at least. But at least on this particular AOSP incarnation
the setting in the UI _seems_ to remain on "Please Select".
I have not had the time yet to really attack it with a more sophisticated
Rogue AP, e.g. one that is from a known-good CA, but carries some other name.
I hope I can get my hands on a Pixel 4 and test a bit more next week
-- I will let you know.

Regards, Martin

--
Dr. Martin Pauly Phone: +49-6421-28-23527
HRZ Univ. Marburg Fax: +49-6421-28-26994