geteduroam - Re: looking for geteduroam beta testers for Android 11

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the geteduroam service

Re: looking for geteduroam beta testers for Android 11

  • From: Ralf Paffrath <paffrath AT dfn.de>
  • To: Paul Dekkers <paul.dekkers AT surf.nl>
  • Cc: geteduroam <geteduroam AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: looking for geteduroam beta testers for Android 11
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 22:28:02 +0100

Hi Paul,

on ANDROID 11 model pixel 3a 1.0.18 doesn’t work. No network has been configured.
1.0.16 still work.

Greetings,
Ralf
On 25 Feb 2021, at 21:35, Paul Dekkers (via geteduroam Mailing List) <geteduroam AT lists.geant.org> wrote:

Hi,

If you have an Android 11 device, I would love to get some feedback on geteduroam version 1.0.18 that is in the beta channel, which you can join via:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.eduroam.geteduroam from Android, or
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/app.eduroam.geteduroam from the web

If you test, please make sure that geteduroam works for you with the 1.0.16 version, deinstall the App and remove the configured WiFi networks, and try the configuration using 1.0.18. It doesn't matter what kind of profile you use, a psuedo-account or the typical CAT profile.

Any kind of result or feedback is appreciated,

Regards,
Paul

P.S. We are aware of issues with some Samsung Android 11 builds (eg. Galaxy S20); those aren't even geteduroam specific: reports are still welcome, though I already have some guineapigs for that platform.

--
Dipl. Inform. Ralf Paffrath
Phone: Tel.: 030 884299-0 (DFN-GS Berlin: Sekretariat)

Verein zur Förderung eines Deutschen Forschungsnetzes e.V.
Alexanderplatz 1, D - 10178 Berlin
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Odej Kao (Vorsitzender) | Dr. Rainer Bockholt | Christian Zens
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Christian Grimm | Jochem Pattloch
VR AG Charlottenburg 7729NZ | USt.-ID. DE 1366/23822