Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the geteduroam service
- From: Jørn Åne <jorn.dejong AT uninett.no>
- To: geteduroam AT lists.geant.org
- Subject: Re: geteduroam linux app ?
- Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 22:14:03 +0100
On 10/12/2020 15:41, Arnaud LAURIOU (via geteduroam Mailing List) wrote:
I have just started to test geteduroam and I already have my first question :
Is there a geteduroam linux app planned ?
I found a geteduroam.sh script on github but manually extract the user
certificate from eap_config file and configuring NetworkManager are
quite tedious ...
We don't have a functioning Linux application as of yet. The geteduroam.sh script you found is a start, as you've seen it can download an eap-config file. The plan is to create extra scripts to retrieve the relevant values using xmllint(1) and maybe use dialog(1)/xdialog(1)whiptail(1) for a rudimentary UI.
When we can get the correct values from the eap-config, we can use nmcli to configure NetworkManager, or to write an wpa_supplicant.conf file.
Would you be willing to help with this?
jorn.dejong AT uninett.no
+47 95 36 10 17
- geteduroam linux app ?, Arnaud LAURIOU, 12/10/2020
- Re: geteduroam linux app ?, Jørn Åne, 12/15/2020
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.