geteduroam - Re: geteduroam progress update

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the geteduroam service

Re: geteduroam progress update

  • From: Ralf Paffrath <paffrath AT dfn.de>
  • To: Paul Dekkers <paul.dekkers AT surf.nl>
  • Cc: "geteduroam AT lists.geant.org" <geteduroam AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: geteduroam progress update
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 15:31:55 +0100

Hi Paul,

thx, ok off-list.

I get already some sources from github and try to set up
an geteduroam testing server  :-)

Greetings,
Ralf

On 11 Nov 2020, at 15:19, Paul Dekkers (via geteduroam Mailing List) <geteduroam AT lists.geant.org> wrote:

Hi Ralf,

On 11/11/2020 13:50, Ralf Paffrath wrote:
1E86508E-0053-4EE3-AD44-AB470ABD032C AT dfn.de">Hi Paul,

thank you for your explanation. Great work!

I agree  the pseudo-account creation has a lot of potential.
So I’m very, very interested in the federated authentication method.

How can I test it?

That's good to hear!

I will contact you off-list; While I can give you an account in a SAML IdP we host, we can also connect you via eduGAIN so you can experience it firsthand with your own accounts. (You are the NRO, and we see this as opt-in for an NRO, and next IdP.)

I'm in the process of documenting that further, so I now have someone to reflect this with as well ;-)

Regards,
Paul

1E86508E-0053-4EE3-AD44-AB470ABD032C AT dfn.de">
 The organisation discovery from the App, using federated
authentication to get a pseudo-accounts for eduroam via the App

How can I do this?

Greeting,
Ralf