edugain-policy-comments - [edugain-policy-comments] Comments on GEANT data protection Code of Conduct

edugain-policy-comments AT lists.geant.org

Subject: edugain policy comments

[edugain-policy-comments] Comments on GEANT data protection Code of Conduct

  • From: Paul Millar <paul.millar AT desy.de>
  • To: edugain-policy-comments AT geant.net
  • Subject: [edugain-policy-comments] Comments on GEANT data protection Code of Conduct
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 18:35:26 +0200

Hi,

Please find my comments in the attachment, available as a .doc and PDF file.

[in future, please don't use proprietary formats]

As I don't represent an IdP, I've left the "In general" part unspecified; but, in general the approach seems reasonable.

There are some points that seem problematic. I've tried to describe these in the "Specific comments" part. Some are relatively minor; some are perhaps more serious. Perhaps among the more serious are the phrases "enabling access" and "processing activity", which are constricting enough to be awkward while seeming vague enough to be useful (see commends for more details).

HTH,

Paul.

  • [edugain-policy-comments] Comments on GEANT data protection Code of Conduct, Paul Millar, 06/28/2012