edugain-discuss - [eduGAIN-discuss] GN5-1 T&I Incubator demo invitation

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

[eduGAIN-discuss] GN5-1 T&I Incubator demo invitation

  • From: "Schmidt, Michael" <Michael.Schmidt AT lrz.de>
  • To: "edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org" <edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [eduGAIN-discuss] GN5-1 T&I Incubator demo invitation
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 06:02:35 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

Dear eduGAIN community,

On behalf of the Trust & Identity Incubator I kindly invite you to our final demo in this cycle.

-Why-
Since our regular demos became very popular in GN4-3, we are glad to continue them in GN5-1. The goal of this event is to periodically present the results of the current Incubator activities in order to collect feedback from the community as early as possible. Since this is our second demo, we will present the final results of this cycle. This is the perfect opportunity to find out about a range of emerging developments in T&I and make use of them at your organisation.

-When-
The demo takes place on Thursday, 07 Sep 2023, 13:00-15:00 CET.
Register at https://events.geant.org/event/1436/

If you have been to an Incubator demo before, please note that we slightly changed the format. It is now only a two hour event with about 30 minutes per topic. If a talk ends early, we will just move on to the next one. We did this to make it easier for you to attend the entire session, because it was difficult for many people to block an entire afternoon just for demos. So, if you want to see a specific topic, you should join earlier.

-What-
This time we have planned four exciting sessions for you:
  • geteduroam Linux client - a Linux version of the popular geteduroam client
  • Further improve the personal profile page -  a Shibboleth/SimpleSAMLphp module to show a user login history (based on a previous GN4-3 activity)
  • OIDCfed support on SimpleSAMLphp - native support for OIDC federation in SimpleSAMLphp
  • Passkey - passwordless authentication in the context of identity federations
All sessions will be recorded and published after the event at https://wiki.geant.org/x/VAVBJg

I look forward to seeing many of you at the demo.

Best regards,
Michael

--
Michael Schmidt
Head of Service Management

Tel: +49 89 35831-7877
E-Mail/Skype: Michael.Schmidt AT lrz.de

Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ) of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities
Boltzmannstr. 1, 85748 Garching n. München, Germany
https://www.lrz.de

  • [eduGAIN-discuss] GN5-1 T&I Incubator demo invitation, Schmidt, Michael, 08/30/2023