edugain-discuss - [eduGAIN-discuss] ECCS improvement?

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

[eduGAIN-discuss] ECCS improvement?

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: "edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org" <edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [eduGAIN-discuss] ECCS improvement?
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 12:38:45 +0100

Hello,

so one of our IdPs is using Google for its ID services. When I look at the ECCS results, these are "UNKNOWN / Unable to check".

It looks like ECCS does not recognise the error that is being shown on the SP demo page, which is:

"403. That’s an error.

Error: app_not_configured_for_user

Service is not configured for this user."

https://technical.edugain.org/eccs/api/getsamlreq?idp=https://accounts.google.com/o/saml2?idpid=C02ws9ruj&sp=https://sp-demo.idem.garr.it/shibboleth

That error message is a Google-speak equivalent of "metadata not found". And that should not result in "Unable-to-Check" as the definition for that is "and do not return messages like "/No return endpoint available for relying party/" or "/No metadata found for relying party/"."

Well it does, only the wording is not recognised :-)

The more expected and correct result for that IdP would then be ERROR /
No-SP-Metadata-Error.

Same thing exactly for the other IdP which is using Microsoft Azure. Hre, the
error message is:

Application with identifier 'https://sp-demo.idem.garr.it/shibboleth' was not
found in the directory 'University of Luxembourg Competence Centre'.

https://technical.edugain.org/eccs/api/getsamlreq?idp=https://sts.windows.net/88bc3da8-1f31-4852-ae88-6d08c88a70f7/&sp=https://sp-demo.idem.garr.it/shibboleth

-- This email may contain information for limited distribution only, please treat accordingly. Fondation Restena, Stefan WINTER Chief Technology Officer 2, avenue de l'Université L-4365 Esch-sur-Alzette