edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] ESI attributes best-practice question

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] ESI attributes best-practice question

  • From: "Christos Kanellopoulos" <christos.kanellopoulos AT geant.org>
  • To: "Valeriu Vraciu" <valeriu AT roedu.net>
  • Cc: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] ESI attributes best-practice question
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 09:53:30 +0200

Dear Valeriu,

The short answer is that if in Romania you have a nation wide student number, you should use the scheme with the <country-code>. In the majority of the countries this is not the case and they use the scheme which the the schacHomeOrganization (<sHO>). In that scheme the <code> is the student number that user has been assigned by their institution.

We have a working group dedicated for the ESI deployment. I suggest that we follow up the discussion there. I will follow up with you off this list to make sure that are added to that working group

Christos