edugain-discuss - [eduGAIN-discuss] T&I Incubator call for ideas and cycle 5 sprint demo

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

[eduGAIN-discuss] T&I Incubator call for ideas and cycle 5 sprint demo

  • From: Niels van Dijk <niels.vandijk AT surf.nl>
  • To: Niels van Dijk <niels.vandijk AT surf.nl>
  • Subject: [eduGAIN-discuss] T&I Incubator call for ideas and cycle 5 sprint demo
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 09:25:54 +0200
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=surf.nl; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=surf.nl; dkim=pass header.d=surf.nl; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version; bh=WwhLdNU/TZrtvsE6msCIlLU0m9nFpq6U+ce/BfSl62s=; b=FdNkmOm3DJxLQAP3mo0YgFq0PsnfwOCa9xVrinImruPP1mbfU9qo15gTfpbRZAliStYpsyS2WfCACIkkV7BPIYV2Uk8Xn/H48FnPGxXDLTn6gzBx8EDka4J781frPuWzxkjXmHvgCDLXGwg+jsZQRLigmtXZsbX/K9vkeLWe6bS81TsBztgao0NulcqlUYxuxQvPWFy19MyUdgKiRpojShJE/66fA6kfM3eVC4fYdF2opZWTkUTe0xKpDaD+IoKC8PXjfoLVCCjPlBaLfW//Iv4ZbNnzMmO5w1oRNordr/gDQUfzDYXYpDJfo6DyC8MnPszhsfjigFcNVqnSM5OfMw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=YCft4wjj0Fv6Rn49z5zTKzyEX+mFMTxCV5UrbkWpe+T+7lq7qKU1uPAuTYrNEo6bSvpKCFyHGoZ9brljaAd6rYuG9AsgvzHS8e4ffR+4zu8k16qAZza2oLnv9UaukdCEk28MUsr8zKcBHfESuSU3e3WlNJLFmLBKd3hxkjWpLzwjGvFnRMgG49AlmMNiBOyIzJtRxWhcVMb7JshMx2dFijn+bu2W8FNNVQ98xAdAeah61j7IDwUlwiouVONjcqO7bzHnnPC4fXHAKNrMMA2Je6DiZM2ijUUs/exPHvMvwGPyOScGjwu2iE9+TAShqoiMAHOhmFXmWI2GBMYp6aI/9Q==

Dear T&I colleagues,

On behalf of the GÉANT Trust & Identity Incubator I would like to draw your attention to the following:

Call for Ideas

The Incubators work is based directly on your input as a community. For our upcoming six month activity cycle we are still looking for new topics to work. If you have bright ideas or difficult, yet innovative problems, please share them with us. We also take ideas from the wider T&I community, such as institutes or research communities, so feel free to pass on the info. If you want to get a better understanding of what we do, feel free to check our current and previous topics at the Incubator Dashboard (https://wiki.geant.org/x/46zTC).

If you have any ideas that might be suitable for the incubator, don’t hesitate to submit it. You may easily share your idea by adding it to https://wiki.geant.org/x/CAE2Cw

If there is already an idea that you like, show your support by giving your +1. This helps us to identify which topics are most interesting to our community.
The topic submission deadline is September 19.

Final demo for cycle 5

The goal of the demo event is to periodically present the results produced in the Incubator. In this demo, we will present the final results of our work for this cycle. It is the perfect opportunity to find out about a range of emerging developments in T&I.

We have planned six exciting sessions for you:

  • ‘Test IdP’ – an easy-to-use, user-configurable test identity provider for the R&E community with support for all the community standards and best practices we love;

  • ‘OIDC OP support addition to SimpleSAMLphp’ – an extension of the popular IdP/SP SimpleSAMLphp software which adds an OpenID Connect Provider interface;

  • ‘eduGAIN Service Catalogue’ – the results of our investigation into a centralized overview of federated services in eduGAIN.

  • ‘Using Distributed Identity for managing researcher access’ – a distributed approach to provide digital identities to let users be in direct control of the profile information they share with services;

  • ‘IdP/SP software testbed’ – a fully fledged dynamic test environment to enable quick and easy integration testing of new and existing federated software products;

  • ‘Porting oidc-agent to Windows’ – an adoption of the oidc-agent SSH command line tools for Windows;

The last two topics present work that was undertaken by students participating in the TIM program.

All demos are public, you may join any session you like. It is not necessary to attend all sessions, you may join only the ones you are interested in.

To view the agenda and to register, please visit:  https://events.geant.org/event/1045/

I look forward to seeing many of you there,

Niels van Dijk

  • [eduGAIN-discuss] T&I Incubator call for ideas and cycle 5 sprint demo, Niels van Dijk, 09/09/2021