edugain-discuss - [eduGAIN-discuss] T&I Incubator call for proposals

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

[eduGAIN-discuss] T&I Incubator call for proposals

  • From: "Schmidt, Michael" <Michael.Schmidt AT lrz.de>
  • To: "edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org" <edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org>
  • Cc: Niels van Dijk <niels.vandijk AT surfnet.nl>
  • Subject: [eduGAIN-discuss] T&I Incubator call for proposals
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 08:22:05 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

Dear eduGAIN community,

The GN4-3 WP5 T2 Trust and Identity Incubator (“T&I Incubator”) aims to develop, foster and mature new ideas in the Trust and Identity space in Research and Education. The incubator will investigate new technologies that currently have no place (yet) in the services ecosystem of the GÉANT project. This may include to test and experiment with potential new features for existing GÉANT services. In addition also business case development for potential new services and developments that would improve data protection and privacy aspects in services or software are in scope.

As mentioned during the eduGAIN drop in session, we try to finish and change these topics more or less on a half-yearly frequency. Now the time has come that we are moving towards the end of the second cycle, which is in about 2 months. Therefore it is time to think about potential topics for the next iteration. Therefore we would like to invite you to bring in your own ideas. In general, we consider every topic as long as the idea is somewhat novel instead of just an implementation of well known issues and it is possible to implement a POC within 6 months. Feel free to submit anything you can think of, there are no bad ideas.

If you have any ideas that might be suitable for the incubator, don’t hesitate to submit it. You can easily share your idea by adding it to the following document using the provided template: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mg4AjUY52oCE5GHDeYn6A0fjJmXNh1CKI_uUjsbqIV0/edit?usp=sharing
As an inspiration, you may have a look at our current and previous topics: https://wiki.geant.org/x/w7AuBw
In case you prefer to discuss an idea in person we can arrange a VC. Just let me know.
If your idea is chosen, there is the option that you can also join the Incubator for a limited time to work with us on your topic.

I will gladly answer any questions you may have about the incubator and the selection process.

Best regards,
Michael

--
Michael Schmidt
Innovation, Service and Security Management

Tel: +49 89 35831-7877
E-Mail/Skype: Michael.Schmidt AT lrz.de

Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ) of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities
Boltzmannstr. 1, 85748 Garching n. München, Germany
https://www.lrz.de

  • [eduGAIN-discuss] T&I Incubator call for proposals, Schmidt, Michael, 04/21/2020