edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Albania/RASH for eduGAIN membership

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Albania/RASH for eduGAIN membership

  • From: Barbara Monticini <barbara.monticini AT garr.it>
  • To: Andi Malaj <amalaj AT rash.al>
  • Cc: "edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org" <edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org>, "Dr. Arjan Xhelaj" <arjanxhelaj AT rash.al>, Brook Schofield <brook.schofield AT geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Albania/RASH for eduGAIN membership
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 15:50:57 +0200

Il 23/10/2018 10:51, Andi Malaj ha scritto:
Hello,

Thanks for all points notified.We will correct them ASAP.
Apologies for the mess about the name. We started calling it 'eduGAIN
Albania', then we passed in 'eduID Albania' to be aligned with other
federations.
We are updating all documentation.

Thanks

Hi Andi,

please consider also my points. Some are already covered by Rhys comments.

Hope to be of any help.

Regards
Barbara

Document: https://eduid.rash.al/wp-content/uploads/MRPS-20180926.pdf

Title: Federation Operator Practice: Metadata Registration Practice Statement

3. Member Eligibility and Ownership

The procedure for becoming a member of the Federation is documented at:
https://edugain.rash.al

- the site does not exist!

4. Metadata Format

The MRPS SHALL be published on the IRFED federation web site at the following

- IRFED to be corrected

- the link returns "Nothing found, Are you lost? Try another search below or click one of the latest posts."

5.1 EntityID Format

The process by which a Federation member can register an entity is described at:
https://edugain.rash.al/documents/

- the site does not exist!

5.2 EntityID Format

- same title of 5.1

Document: https://eduid.rash.al/wp-content/uploads/edugain-Federation-Policy.pdf

Title: Identity Federation Policy

3.3 Obligations and Rights of Federation Members

In addition to what is stated elsewhere in the Federation Policy all Federation Members:
• Must pay the fees. Prices and payment terms are specified in appendix Fees.

- the document contains no appendices

4. Eligibility
4.1 Rules of membership

- is it applies to Institutions of the higher education outside Albania? Institutions of secondary education outside Albania?
- can a Partner run a Home Org?

5. Procedures
5.1 How to join

The Federation Operator presents a recommendation for membership with an evaluation report to the Members’ Board who in turn decides on whether to grant or deny the application.

- what about the first applicant if there is no MB?

General suggestion: Federation entities and Federation metadata

- I would suggest to create a first Entity (test SP operated by eduID AL Federation) in order to produce the first Federation metadata and to facilitate idps set up in the Federation.

Barbara Monticini GARR-CERT Tel: +39 0554572681
V. Bruno Rossi ang. V.le delle Idee 50019 Sesto Fiorentino
c/o Dip. Fisica Sperimentale primo piano - stanza 113
PGP key: http://www.cert.garr.it/servizi/informazioni-su-pgp-keys