edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Malaysia/SIFULAN for eduGAIN membership

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Malaysia/SIFULAN for eduGAIN membership

  • From: Nick Roy <nroy AT internet2.edu>
  • To: "edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org" <edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org>
  • Cc: Suhaimi Napis <suhaimi AT upm.my>, MUHAMMAD FARHAN <farhan AT perdanauniversity.edu.my>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Malaysia/SIFULAN for eduGAIN membership
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 20:41:22 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Thanks Brook, and hello to Suhaimi and Muhammad,

In general the SIFULAN materials look excellent. Just a couple
questions/nits that I could find.

MRPS:

5.1 Entity Registration and 5.2 EntityID Format

- mentions use of domain names in entityIDs, and discusses use of
approval letters for specific cases. Mentions URNs as acceptable form
for an entityID, but does not explicitly discuss a registered URN
namespace or requirement for use of a domain name (presumably subject to
the same domain validation checks) in an URN.

5.3 Entity Validation

- does not mention a process for verifying domain names in the
shibmd:scope element of IdP metadata.

Join page (https://sifulan.my/join.php):

- Typo: s/Higherer/Higher/g
- Nit: s/Individual Users whom their organization is not
participant/Users whose home organization is not a participant/g

Best regards,

Nick Roy
Director of Technology and Strategy
InCommon / Internet2 Trust and Identity Services