edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] IdP without DNS records

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] IdP without DNS records

  • From: Dick Visser <dick.visser AT geant.org>
  • To: Peter Schober <peter.schober AT univie.ac.at>
  • Cc: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] IdP without DNS records
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 16:50:21 +0200

This is similar to the case of institutions filtering network access
to their IdP so it's not publicly available.
I came across this lately and while I think it's an ill conceived
idea, I'm not the one that needs to use it.
If a local security policy mandates it, and users are able to use the
IdP - then great.
IIRC it was some hospital that did things this way.

Any sort of IdP sanity checks (certificate/crypto health, software
version probing, protocol support etc) will of course be impossible
with this approach.

Dcik

--
Dick Visser
Trust & Identity Service Operations Manager

GÉANT Vereniging (Association) is registered with the Chamber of
Commerce in Amsterdam with registration number 40535155 and operates
in the UK as a branch of GÉANT Vereniging. Registered office:
Hoekenrode 3, 1102BR Amsterdam, The Netherlands. UK branch address:
City House, 126-130 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1PQ, UK.

Want to join us? We're hiring: https://www.geant.org/jobs