edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Russia/RUNNet AAI for eduGAIN membership

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Russia/RUNNet AAI for eduGAIN membership

  • From: Brook Schofield <brook.schofield AT geant.org>
  • To: "edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org" <edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org>
  • Cc: Порхачев Василий <porhachev AT runnet.ru>, "Ilya V. Vasiliev" <vasilyev AT runnet.ru>, Peter Schober <peter.schober AT univie.ac.at>, Guy Halse <guy AT tenet.ac.za>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Russia/RUNNet AAI for eduGAIN membership
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 09:37:15 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-AU, en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

All,

after a slight diversion on the the CAFMoz email thread there has been some progress on the Russia/RUNNet AAI front.

So could those that provided feedback take a look and see if they are happy with these updates?

* Metadata endpoint is available: https://j.edugain.runnet.ru/j/signedmetadata/federation/RUNNET/metadata.xml now contains RUNNetAAI metadata 100% validated by eduGAIN validator (certificate will be imported once membership status is completed - just a safe guard to accidentally importing before then).

* Policy/MRPS updates at:  http://runnet.ru/en/release-2018-03-30 or through RUNNetAAI page http://runnet.ru/en/services-en/runnetaai-en

Changes include:

RUNNetAAI Terms of Service Agreement

Minor changes

p 3.1 Added «with the Policy and its appendices»

p 3.2 Added «A termination implies the cancellation of the use of Policy».

RUNNetAAI Identity Federation Policy

Sec 1. Introduction

Removed too broad definition of the Federation.

Removed the terms of the Policy (5 years) because now it is mentioned in Terms and Service Agreement that Policy is valid until the Agreement is valid.

RUNNetAAI Technology Profile

The document was totally redrafted as previous version got a lot of comments. We tried to align the new version with the best practices also verifying is it suitable for us. We added references on Interoperable SAML 2.0 Profile saml2int.

Also we decided to move the most metadata information to the MRPS document as it includes section on entity requirement and verification.

 We decreased required attributes to EPPN and eduPersonAffiliation. Also we decided not to demand any privacy policy documents from SP

RUNNetAAI MRPS

Some changes in Registration block and entity requirement and verification section.

Thanks,

-Brook