edugain-discuss - [eduGAIN-discuss] R&S and Proxy IdP/SP

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

[eduGAIN-discuss] R&S and Proxy IdP/SP

  • From: Jan Oppolzer <jan.oppolzer AT cesnet.cz>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [eduGAIN-discuss] R&S and Proxy IdP/SP
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 11:15:07 +0200

Hi,

I have a question about R&S entity category. Is it possible that a Proxy
IdP/SP in a federation is assigned R&S entity category?

From my point of view, as a federation operator, I don't like the idea
that we have a proxy entity assigned R&S and that the entity can "hide"
more services. I'm not sure that this is allowed, anyway.

Thank you,
Jan

--
Jan Oppolzer <jan.oppolzer AT cesnet.cz>
AAI @ CESNET, <https://www.cesnet.cz/>