edugain-discuss - [eduGAIN-discuss] New layout and features of the technical site

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

[eduGAIN-discuss] New layout and features of the technical site

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [eduGAIN-discuss] New layout and features of the technical site
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 15:55:45 +0100

Hi all,
I would like to announce that we have just switched
https://technical.edugain.org to a new layout, also adding some new
features.
You may do a reload of the page to make sure that all style files get
properly refreshed.

There are some changes and additions to the eduGAIN Entities Database.
There are some help pop-ups that hopefully will be actually helpful :).

The entityId search now uses sub-string search. Previously it was the
exact match and you had to add the % characters to search for
sub-strings. I realised that the sub-string as a default is a lot more
usable.

There is now also a new filter - ECCS which stands for the eduGAIN
Connectivity Check Service. Now you can filter the results of the ECCS
tests directly from the entities database, also form the entities
listing you can jump to the ECCS interface to see the results.

If you for to "Entity details" you will also have a new "MET info"
button, taking you, as one might guess to the MET entity information,
and for IdPs you also get the ECCS button again.

I hope nothing blows up.

Cheers
Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz
twoln AT umk.pl http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576