edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Best Current Practices Guide for Joining eduGAIN as a Federation (eduGAIN wiki)

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Best Current Practices Guide for Joining eduGAIN as a Federation (eduGAIN wiki)

  • From: Nick Roy <nroy AT internet2.edu>
  • To: Ioannis Kakavas <ikakavas AT noc.grnet.gr>, "edugain-discuss AT geant.net" <edugain-discuss AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Best Current Practices Guide for Joining eduGAIN as a Federation (eduGAIN wiki)
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 21:49:21 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

Hi Ioannis,

This looks great, and I think it's a very useful resource. It sounds like
there may need to be some "MUSTS" as part of a revised MDRPS template that
include things like (these are just my thoughts/guesses):

1) Organizational validation practices for RA activities such as onboarding
new members of each federation
2) Possibly performing domain validation activities on domains in scopes,
entityIDs and endpoints in metadata

Is that true? It seems that some prospective members of eduGAIN may need to
more fully document their practices around these activities to prevent things
like duplicate scopes or invalid scope assertion, for example.

Thanks,

Nick