edugain-discuss - [eduGAIN-discuss] Enhancing the CoCo Monitor?

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

[eduGAIN-discuss] Enhancing the CoCo Monitor?

  • From: Thomas Lenggenhager <lenggenhager AT switch.ch>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT geant.net
  • Subject: [eduGAIN-discuss] Enhancing the CoCo Monitor?
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 10:24:05 +0200

I noticed three items I would like to see improved for the nice eduGAIN
CoCo monitor: http://monitor.edugain.org/coco

1) It would be nice if it would also support https, not just http. The
server certificate needs to be replaced, it currently is only issued for
cat.eduroam.org.

2) The CoCo monitor should be able to forget/hide by default entities no
longer seen, otherwise we will soon see too many obsolete entries.
I noticed this since one SP opted-in for interfederation by mistake. In
the CoCo Monitor it still shows up, even it opted-out again one month ago.

3) It would be handy if the filter would persist through multiple
queries, when e.g. clicking through the four status colors. A 'reset
filter' option would remove it.

Thomas

--
SWITCH
------

  • [eduGAIN-discuss] Enhancing the CoCo Monitor?, Thomas Lenggenhager, 07/31/2014