edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] RequestedAttribute "in the field"

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] RequestedAttribute "in the field"

  • From: Mikael Linden <mikael.linden AT csc.fi>
  • To: "Andy Bennett" <andyjpb AT knodium.com>, <edugain-discuss AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] RequestedAttribute "in the field"
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 14:50:36 +0300 (EEST)

>I don't think it's particularly useful to have a debate about what the
correct behaviour
>is as the operational reality is that there are differing
implementations. I'm more
>interested in a discussion about how we should move forward in the medium
term
>and how policy might be negotiated over a longer timescale.

In the medium term the GÉANT Data protection Code of Conduct hopefully
provides a common framework for attribute release between EU/EEA
federations:
https://refeds.terena.org/index.php/Data_protection_coc

Technically, it uses SAML2 Entity Category attribute and
RequestedAttributes elements to indicate the SP's attribute requests.

Currently, 16 SPs in the eduGAIN interfederation have committed to the
CoC [1]. Majority of them are services for the language researchers.

Mikael
[1] http://monitor.edugain.org/coc/