edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] "Metadata Improvement Programme" (Was: SHA1/SHA2: eduGAIN's ability to digest and produce SHA2 signatures.)

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] "Metadata Improvement Programme" (Was: SHA1/SHA2: eduGAIN's ability to digest and produce SHA2 signatures.)

  • From: Dick Visser <visser AT terena.org>
  • To: Brook Schofield <schofield AT terena.org>
  • Cc: edugain-discuss AT geant.net, edugain-tsg AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] "Metadata Improvement Programme" (Was: SHA1/SHA2: eduGAIN's ability to digest and produce SHA2 signatures.)
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 12:56:20 +0100

Although according to some I'm not suppose to use the Edugain feed
directly (but receive it through my Home Federation), I do use it, and
I can confirm the verification of the SHA256 feed works fine with
SimpleSAMLphp.
Since it 'just works' I am now using this feed only.

We run SimpleSAMLphp r3242, which would be equal to version 1.11.0.

This is on host login.terena.org, which runs Ubuntu 12.04, which uses
"PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.8 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Sep 4 2013
20:00:51)".

--
Dick Visser
System & Networking Engineer