cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Problem connecting Motorola phone at Zagreb University (Law)

Re: [[cat-users]] Problem connecting Motorola phone at Zagreb University (Law)

  • From: Martin Pauly <pauly AT hrz.uni-marburg.de>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Problem connecting Motorola phone at Zagreb University (Law)
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 13:41:24 +0100

Hello Magda,

Am 08.03.24 um 19:00 schrieb Magda Chentour (via cat-users Mailing List):

I might have some problems downloading Eduroam on my phone. To
explain, I can download it, but unfortunately I can't open it. My
phone is a Motorola, so I don't know if this is a factor. What's
more, even when I try not to make a fuss about opening the
application, when I enter my identifiers, I'm asked to enter an
anonymous number...

You are trying to connect to Zagreb University, right?
Which App have you tried? "eduroam CAT" is for very old versions of Android
only.
Please use "geteduroam", this is the current app.
It is supposed to take the settings from the profile you attached
and configure your phone according to these settinges _automatically_.

Procced like this:
1. Install the geteduroam app from
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=geteduroam&c=apps
2. Do clear any eduroam settings if present (sometimes called "Forget
Network" or similar)
3. Switch off Wifi, switch on again (or restart your phone)
4. Run geteduroam and tell it to want to connect to UoZA Law Faculty (if you
are a law student, I got this from the profile you attached)
OR
Go to the Downloads folder and open the profile you attached -- this
should trigger geteduroam
5. Upon request, enter your username (technical, not necessarily your email
address, no '@' needed)
and password
6. Please give us some feedback on whether it worked

Cheers, Martin

--
Dr. Martin Pauly Phone: +49-6421-28-23527
HRZ Univ. Marburg Fax: +49-6421-28-26994

  • [[cat-users]] Problem, Magda Chentour, 03/08/2024
    • Re: [[cat-users]] Problem connecting Motorola phone at Zagreb University (Law), Martin Pauly, 03/11/2024