cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam profile not working

Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam profile not working

  • From: Martin Stanislav <ms AT uakom.sk>
  • To: Mohamed Ouazzani Touhami <moouazza AT ucm.es>
  • Cc: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam profile not working
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 11:36:35 +0100

Dear Mohamed,

Your home organization, i.e. Universidad Complutense de Madrid,
has configured eduroam CAT portal to offer a single profile
to aid users in setting up both wireless and wired network access
on their devices.

Apple notebooks running macOS without a physical ethernet port
(nowadays default) require users to plug in a (wired) network adapter
that macOS is able to recognize first for the system to be able
to accept any wired configuration settings later on.
Please, either try to plug in a network adapter before applying
the configuration profile downloaded from eduroam CAT as prepared
by your home organization, or ask [1] for an alternative solution,
e.g. a wireless only configuration profile.

Kind regards,
Martin

[1] https://ssii.ucm.es/contacto