cat-users - [[cat-users]] CAT pour Windows 10 NOK

[[cat-users]] CAT pour Windows 10 NOK

  • From: Marcolino PIRES <marcolino.pires AT ac-paris.fr>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] CAT pour Windows 10 NOK
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 11:45:44 +0100

Hello everyone.

The CAT installer is very practical.
I'm encountering a recent difficulty that I can't resolve because I'm not a Microsoft expert.

When I use CAT for Windows 10, if I am not a local administrator of my machine, the installer runs without errors but does not create any entries in known Wifi networks.

When I use CAT for Windows 10, as local administrator of my machine, the installer also runs without problems and the connection to the eduroam Wifi is established automatically. Two entries are created in the known Wifi networks "eduroam(R) via partner" and "eduroam(R)".

Why does this installer not work correctly when the user is not in the local Administrators group ?

Thanks for you help.

Best regards

--
Marcolino PIRES