cat-users - [[cat-users]] new geteduroam clients (Android, ChromeOS, iOS release soon)

[[cat-users]] new geteduroam clients (Android, ChromeOS, iOS release soon)

  • From: Paul Dekkers <paul.dekkers AT surf.nl>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] new geteduroam clients (Android, ChromeOS, iOS release soon)
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 21:16:13 +0100
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=surf.nl; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=surf.nl; dkim=pass header.d=surf.nl; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=V7PlIRL6y8LQyvbGJiTYV0OEv+3/V5VlnvsA9uScyzg=; b=lunnQOi5cR/8hbgbqHLjXs/etk5Y90GXIKtujLkt85n5El9OOVvUqaXfLdOWDgDCaJz2EhZv588uh+J02wTYQrvHhQ+TLqFMRgj7312eJRtvtSnw9I6e8g22U2rbAT0cS5vb+I1nH5VBIOOW/gO19SWwXLKtY1K4YGg5zGaIHzGwqhSBK0CjzmsalnikUM4JaDIemll076u3VV92hcqGWMoqtuPKr2zk6IQzc9j4Pzv01yZoQrO2m3+U8ImmoP5lCq6cP0T7EnL7WfRFyULgXfEl6HeM6+CT0NSVcl/F2dtk+PEdeQSPORY2FsFNqmfQTn/nSH2Pn3NcpTlny4eidg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=OcgTAlfXP9KqarUELekYyH1FCxVtbYEA/ZESLovLxfa6mG+K7KqSwQDHq3SReayyHjGS6w328MrIjGgscIqBZ519gD20EE5MjB+l3F95w3R0SS5ArBMTJDTGsomYbr//nHD6DJR+jm3glNEnK3vJCagWW3d3NltInlTfi2lXvPx22L/Eyobwiz6PxqsDv2TnaYJpvh/UwEa7Muv+moZ3tp5LSRU/prGn03VY7XM9Dc7jTG4SGAFymweD+QM0uq2YVphqD+yETBvAOEMLLG36VYXK8jpPLsTD/CnSdK3g/JwfD7paXG4/m6k26G5boN+SuO1SiLhtJi+Unka4ZYWXdg==

Hi cat-users,

Chances are high you've seen this announcement -- but since the upgrade is significant I still wanted to share it over cat-users as well. In particular the Android App is important for CAT users.

We plan to release the new Android, ChromeOS and iOS version of geteduroam to production in the Play and App store (very) soon. These are entirely redeveloped and redesigned versions of the Apps. We have feature parity and similar behavior to the existing Apps: next we'll bring smaller updates.

If you want a preview, you can join the beta on your Android device via: https://edu.nl/hex4u

And for iOS/macOS, the TestFlight is at: https://edu.nl/d7hv3

We worked hard on new geteduroam releases this year. Before summer we shared the first TestFlight for iOS and macOS, and a version of the Linux CLI. (Now there's also the Linux GUI.) Last week we shared the first open beta of the Android App. Meanwhile the eduroam community helped translate to various languages.

With the beta's we fixed a couple of issues and I believe we have no showstoppers. The apps are more resource-friendly (we're still investigating a speed issue on Android 8).

Please mail geteduroam AT eduroam.org if you want to report issues related to the betas, or feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,
Paul

P.S. For Windows and macOS we plan to have new releases too shortly. Windows will include support for ARM in a separate version, is also redeveloped from the ground up and includes the new theming. The macOS App will assist the user in the installation of a .mobileconfig profile, unfortunately macOS still doesn't have the proper support to configure WiFi natively.

  • [[cat-users]] new geteduroam clients (Android, ChromeOS, iOS release soon), Paul Dekkers, 12/18/2023