cat-users - [[cat-users]] double SSID/profile - the second configuration breaks the eduroam profile

[[cat-users]] double SSID/profile - the second configuration breaks the eduroam profile

  • From: Giuseppe Mainardi <giuseppe.mainardi AT unifg.it>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] double SSID/profile - the second configuration breaks the eduroam profile
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 15:33:45 +0100

Hello,
I've been testing for some days a configuration involving two profiles with different SSIDs (eduroam and Eduroam-AD) and with different authentication bases and different radius servers.
The problem is that when I apply the configuration for the second SSID=Eduroam-AD, its installation spoils the first configuration (SSID=eduroam).

The SSID=Eduroam-AD config file/CredentialApplicability contains both the SSIDs, but in that file there are not the setting for the SSID=eduroam configuration.

What is supposed to be the right configuration to use the two different SSIDs/profiles? The section Media Properties in the Guide only states "SSIDs for which eduroam credentials are valid". But what about two different authentication bases, where the SSID=eduroam credentials are different from the second ones?

Best regards.

--
Giuseppe Mainardi
Università di Foggia