cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Faulty configuration radboud university linux

Re: [[cat-users]] Faulty configuration radboud university linux

  • From: Guy Halse <guy AT tenet.ac.za>
  • To: Jaap Aarts <jaap.aarts AT ru.nl>, <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Faulty configuration radboud university linux
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 11:17:54 +0200

Hi Jaap

As a general rule, the CAT profiles for individual institutions are maintained by the institution themselves, rather than any central source. That's because nobody other than your own institution's IT staff know the correct settings to use for your institution.

In the case of Radboud University, the person who configured CAT specified icthelpdesk AT ru.nl as the contact address for assistance (and also provided https://eduroamcat.hosting.ru.nl/ as a web page, which has a phone number). Perhaps whoever you spoke to wasn't aware who in your institution maintains this? It is usually the network or identity team within a university.

If your institution's IT staff believe their configuration is correct, but that CAT is generating an incorrect installer, then they should reach out directly with more information about the problem.

Kind regards,

- Guy