cat-users - [[cat-users]] Arabic translation

[[cat-users]] Arabic translation

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: "Mohamed Al Hajri (via cat-users Mailing List)" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Cc: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Arabic translation
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 11:56:13 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 smtp.umk.pl 5C66F201C0

Hello,

    I am responsible for the Windows installer and I see that there are some issues that need to be handled before we are ready to go.

You can go o cat-test.eduroam.org select Arabic language and download some Windows installer and see how it behaves? Some things as showing the RTL order correctly but some are not - for instance, I believe that when you request user's password the label should be on the right of the input box and not like it is now.

Also the very first screen seems to we wrong - it is left and not right aligned (this one might be harder to correct due to some NSIS internals).

I would be grateful if you could go trough the installer and perhaps make screen shots pointing out things that need do be corrected and I will try to do my best.

One additional thing. the devices translation file contains strings like ${ORGANIZATION} which have been changed in translation to {ORGANIZATION}$ - this does not work for NSIS. I have manually corrected this on my local copy, but it should be changed in Transifex.

Cheers

Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz
twoln AT umk.pl http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uniwersteckie Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology
Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576

  • [[cat-users]] Arabic translation, Tomasz Wolniewicz, 05/09/2023