cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] College of Charleston - Cert expirations

Re: [[cat-users]] College of Charleston - Cert expirations

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: "Anderson, Bissell" <AndersonT AT cofc.edu>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] College of Charleston - Cert expirations
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 08:34:42 +0100
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 smtp.umk.pl 1701520105

Hi,

There may be several reasons for the fact that you are not recognised as a CAT administrator, but did you try the tool on the login page which is supposed to remind you how you were accessing CAT? I just checked and it appears that you were using Google to authenticate.

If you would like to switch to using your local IdP via InCommon than there are two ways that this can be done.

1. If you manage to access your institution with your Google login than you can issue another admin invitation to yourself and than use that logging in with your local account. This way you will create another admin entry with slightly lower privileges - this account will not be allowed to invite further admins.

2. You can ask InCommon to issue a new invtation and use that to create an admin account with no restrictions.

Hope this helps

Tomasz Wolniewicz