cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Problems with profile deletion on new Mac-OS version

Re: [[cat-users]] Problems with profile deletion on new Mac-OS version

  • From: Martin Pauly <pauly AT hrz.uni-marburg.de>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Problems with profile deletion on new Mac-OS version
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 16:04:32 +0200

Hi Janfred,

Am 28.10.22 um 13:12 schrieb Jan-Frederik Rieckers (via cat-users Mailing
List):
we got a report that in the new Mac OS version (12.6.1) it is no longer
possible to delete profiles (unless you reset the whole network settings,
resulting in loss of all saved networks)

Can anyone confirm this and if so is there a trick on how to delete just the
profile?

I just upated our reference device to 12.6.1. Afterwards I was still able to
effectively delete the eduroam profile.
(which was not a CAT-supplied, but an EAP-TLS profile with a client cert from
the German easyroam project, but that should not matter, IMHO).

There has been a glitch with profile deletion, though, concerning wired
802.1X.
Before I could install the mentioned EAP-TLS profile, I had to remove the
older, CAT-supplied one which had included the wired option.
It turned out the wired config was not removed but remained functional,
including the credentials (password) stored along with it.
I had to open a terminal and do a
sudo rm
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.network.eapolclient.configuration.plist
to get rid of the wired config.

Cheers, Martin

--
Dr. Martin Pauly Phone: +49-6421-28-23527
HRZ Univ. Marburg Fax: +49-6421-28-26994