cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT installer

Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT installer

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: "Grundig, Thomas J" <tgrundig AT bu.edu>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT installer
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 08:24:01 +0200

Hello Tom,

thanks for reaching out.

This sounds like a classic employee churn story, we hear those on a recurring basis. I am assuming correctly that there is nobody who could log into the admin area at https://cat.eduroam.org/admin/ ? In that case, you need to touch base with your National Roaming Operator (in your case: Internet2, for the U.S.A.). They can provide new authorisation tokens to enable you to log in and make changes.

Once you are in, you will likely find a "profile" which currently checks the box to redirect users to your local website. You can change that and instead configure the server-side deployment setting you have on your RADIUS server, and have the system create installers based on that. You can take a look at the manual here: https://wiki.geant.org/display/H2eduroam/A+guide+to+eduroam+CAT+for+IdP+administrators

And then, kudos for taking that effort - the current installation instructions for Boston I found at https://www.bu.edu/tech/services/infrastructure/networks/wireless/eduroam/ really aren't up to speed, and deserve being changed.