cat-users - [[cat-users]] Switching to CAT 2.1

[[cat-users]] Switching to CAT 2.1

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>, cat-announce AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Switching to CAT 2.1
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 11:09:05 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 smtp.umk.pl B24C7200B1

Hi,

  we are now ready to update CAT to version 2.1 and will do this tomorrow (Friday Aug 19th) at about 9:30 CEST (7:30 UTC). You may expect a short service break - up to 10 minutes.

The most notable difference for the user will be that we have merged Windows and we now have one installers for all versions from 8. We have also left Windows 7, deleting Vista (even though W7 installers will still work there. Android version have also been merged to 2 8 and up plus old 4.3-7.

If you have deep links directly to installer downloads they will still work producing what they are supposed to.

There have been many changes to the CAT code, most of them are internal improvements.  Some of the main changes are listed on https://github.com/GEANT/CAT/blob/release_2_1/Changes.md

CAT 2.1 comes with support for OpenRoaming which is turned off by default and can be turned on first by the country level admin and then by willing institution level admins. We will be writing more about this later.

Cheers

Tomasz Wolniewicz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz
twoln AT umk.pl http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uniwersyteckie Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology
Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750; tel kom.: +48-693-032-576