cat-users - [[cat-users]] Android versions. CN vs entire certificate

[[cat-users]] Android versions. CN vs entire certificate

  • From: <nicolas.velazquez AT uam.es>
  • To: <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Android versions. CN vs entire certificate
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 12:14:08 +0200

Hello all,

We have changed our eduroamCAT profiles due to the expiration of the machine certificate of our radius recently.

The last time before we carried out this process, four years ago, on Android, it was necessary for the mobile phones to incorporate the machine certificate.

Now, it is enough that the devices that want to connect contain only the certificate of the root authority and the name expected in the CN and SAN fields.

The question is the following: in which Android version did this change occur?

We have problems with old Android phones.

We suspect that the new profile I described above, only CN and not machine certificate itself, does not work well for them.

Is it right?

We want to know the Android version that started this new conf.

Thank you very much in advance,

Nicolás Velázquez Campoy

Unidad Técnica de Comunicaciones
Tecnologías de la Información
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid • Campus de Cantoblanco
c/ Fco Tomás y Valiente nº 11. Edificio B EPS, despacho TI-205 - 28049, Madrid
Tel.: 914973321 –
nicolas.velazquez AT uam.eswww.uam.es

Libre de virus. www.avg.com