cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] [ext] Help with setting up eduroam on Arch Linux using iwd

Re: [[cat-users]] [ext] Help with setting up eduroam on Arch Linux using iwd

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] [ext] Help with setting up eduroam on Arch Linux using iwd
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 19:07:24 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 outgoing.umk.pl 3BA08200B5

Hi Robert,

Ebejer has sent me off-list the evidence  that the installer is indeed broken, but his question is not really about that.

Tomasz

W dniu 18.04.2021 o 18:20, Grätz, Robert pisze:

Dear Ebejer,

>When I run the CAT tool, I get a wpa_supplicant file (which has some incorrect syntax in it but this is not a big deal and I clean this manually).

Could you describe the incorrect syntax error, please. Maybe explicit with the generated configuration? Maybe we have to fix this at our installer.

What are the error messages if you run [1].

[iwd]# station <device> connect eduroam

Best regards

Robert

[1]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Iwd#Connect_to_a_network