cat-users - [[cat-users]] geteduroam, Passpoint

[[cat-users]] geteduroam, Passpoint

  • From: Lukas Wringer <Lukas.Wringer AT rz.uni-augsburg.de>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] geteduroam, Passpoint
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 11:41:33 +0100

Hi,

so I played around with geteduroam a bit. Apparently it automatically registers Hotspot 2.0 / Passpoint.

I looked it up and i am not sure what this thing does, all descriptions I read mostly say that with it "there is no interaction needed to connect anymore" - which it isn't anyway after configuring eduroam...

What does this for eduroam, and why is it on by default?

Greetings, Lukas

--
Lukas Wringer

Universität Augsburg