cat-users - [[cat-users]] Weird Wifi behaviour in macOS BigSur

[[cat-users]] Weird Wifi behaviour in macOS BigSur

  • From: Altair UMA <altair.bueno AT uma.es>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Weird Wifi behaviour in macOS BigSur
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 18:48:23 +0100

I recently changed my credentials on my University's webpage, so i had to
reconfigure the wifi certificate following my university’s instructions for
macOS. I first remove the old certificate and then installed the new one
without any issue. When i came home i noticed muy macbook wasn’t connecting
to my own wifi router. I tried rebooting my mac, my router, deleting cache
etc but i finally figured out it was my eduroam profile which i installed
that morning. The symptoms were unable to browse thought Safari, unable to
use the Appstore etc. My mac thought it wasn’t on a secure network so certain
apps wouldn't work. Not sure if the installer its ready for macOS Big Sur,
but its behaviour its erratic

  • [[cat-users]] Weird Wifi behaviour in macOS BigSur, Altair UMA, 12/02/2020